Monday, December 15, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!





One of my mom's angel.

We finally put the decorations on our tree yesterday morning. We have had a bare tree up for a while but it has been hard to get all of us together to put the decorations on. I love my tree. Maybe some day I will have a "grown up" tree but for now, I love my Christmas tree just the way it is. Almost all of the decorations have some memory attached to them. Most of them my mom, dad , sisters and I made together. We would get together for "Super Saturdays" and make some project but mostly laugh and drive my dad nuts with our painting skills and "whining." He would pretend to be irritated but I know he had as much fun as we did. We haven't done these "Super Saturdays" for a while but decorating the tree this year made me remember all those great times. I even have some angels on our tree this year that my mom made when she and my dad were first married. I love to think that in some way I have a part of her with me this year. Christmas was her favorite holiday and she would go all out every year, complete with "crazy Christmas sweaters." I remember one in particular that if I could have worn to my "crazy Christmas sweater party" I would have definitely won. It was of Santa's face, complete with a very full and looped beard. I wish I had that now. I am thankful that I have these memories and can share them my family.

1 comment:

Kelli Proctor said...

aw...Michelle, your mom sounds so amazing the more I hear about her I realize why she was and still is so special to you! You were blessed with an awesome mom, and she will always be a gift. Sorry if I am cheesy, it is a hard time of year when someone you loved has passed away, I will always understand in my own way with you how that feels. You are so awesome and you are definitely carrying on her legacy!