Friday, December 26, 2008

CHRISTMAS SUMMARY!!!




Kendyl and I with the jacket she gave me for Christmas. She had saved some of her babysitting money and bought all of us Christmas presents with her own money. She is so awesome!!!






This is our fourth child. This bear is bigger than Addy and Jake.





We spent Christmas Eve finishing our shopping, making cookies for Santa and playing in the snow. Our friends invited us over to watch my favorite movie of all time, Elf. I don't know how many times I have seen it but it still makes me giggle. After the movie we ran home to check the computer and see where Santa was. He was getting close so we changed in to our jammies and put some cookies and milk out for Santa and jumped in bed. The kids were so excited. I was surprised they fell asleep so quick. Dean and I finished up some things and finally settled in for a long winters nap when what did appear but Jake. He had a leg ache. AAGH!!! Jake slept with me and Dean slept in Jake's bed. Jake woke me up about 7:30 and I told him to give me a half an hour and then we would wake everyone else up. The next thing I knew Addy was running down the stairs, yelling about the huge bear that was under the tree. After that sleep was impossible. I sent Jake and Addy upstairs to wake up Dean and Kendyl and then the madness began. We always start with our stockings and then take turns opening presents from youngest to oldest. I love Christmas and seeing the looks on their faces when they open exactly what they wanted and how much they believe. It is contagious. We must have been really good this year because Santa spoiled us rotten. We got some great family games that we have been playing nonstop since. After presents Dean took his Christmas afternoon nap while the kids and I watched "Christmas Story." My sister Brooke invited all of us over for turkey dinner and games. It was so yummy. As fun as all the games were sisters, my favorite part was getting stuck in Brooke and Steve's driveway in the mini-van. It took all of us pushing and shoveling to get us out. Thanks guys. I always feel sad after Christmas when all the presents have been opened and all the gifts handed out, and already miss the excitment in the air. I guess only 364 days until next Christmas.

1 comment:

jodi said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! I know what your saying about the excitement, I seriously get depressed for like a week after...so if I seem a little ornery that is why!