Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Poor guy is just exhausted but notice the book in his hand, he wanted to read on the way home even though it was after midnight. Funny kid!!!
After waiting for two and a half hours a guy gets a little hungry, so we snuck some food from the cafeteria into his room. He was so concerned that he was going to get in trouble. He always has to follow the rules.

Monday night Kendyl had a soccer game and we ended the evening in the emergency room. You would think that since it was Kendyl playing the game it would be for her but it was not. Who knew you could get hurt watching soccer. We have an awesome soccer family and there are a couple of dads and brothers of team members that just love to play with the little kids. After Monday's game I had to run Addy to the bathroom and I came back to Jake just sobbing and one of the dads holding him. It turns out they were wrestling and the dad decided to scissor squeeze Jake just a little too tight. OUCH!!! Poor Jake couldn't even walk. The dad had to carry him to the car and Jake just cried and whimpered every time I hit a bump. I knew it must be serious for Jake to stop playing and especially for Jake to cry like that in public. We headed right to the emergency room. When we got there his back hurt so bad I had to go in and get some help. The nurse came out and we got Jake in a wheelchair and finally got in the emergency room. Dean met us there and we proceeded to WAIT and WAIT. FINALLY, we got in there and got some x-rays taken and they couldn't find anything wrong. They think he just strained some muscles in his back and over time they just relaxed. We finally got home about 12:30 am. It was so late and I was sure he would be hurting when he woke up, so I let him sleep in and kept him home from school. Kids are amazing. He woke up fine, maybe a little sore and even played in his soccer game last night. I wish I had that kind of recovery time. The poor dad feels so bad. He has called to check on Jake three times already and is even insisting to pay the bill. One of the many things I love about Jake is that he is really a sensitive boy. The whole time we were driving to the hospital and he was crying in pain. He kept asking me to call "the dad" and tell him that it was okay and that he was sorry that the dad felt bad. So sweet!!!
Oh by the way Kendyl's team did great. The tied 1 to 1. They all worked so hard. They were missing three of their key players and only had one sub and all of them stepped up and did awesome!!! GO USA!!!
Also just a warning, if you ever hear my kids start to tell a story about a drunk, naked man, quickly run away. There was a drunk, butt naked man walking through the waiting area and parking lot at the emergency room and for some reason, our kids can't stop talking and laughing about it. I just thought I would warn you. It really was kind of funny and just goes to show you what alcohol can make you do.

1 comment:

Kelli Proctor said...

oh my goodness! I had no clue! Poor kid! Glad he is ok! So that drunk naked man story is awesome, I think I will laugh about it whenever i think abou it too!