Monday, April 13, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Today is Dean and I's 18th wedding anniversary. We celebrated over the weekend and had a great time. We went to Ruby River Steakhouse, always yummy and then decided we needed a good laugh and went to see Mall Cop. I was so excited to go. With our crazy lives, sometimes getting away is hard. It was nice to get away together. I love you babe.
I have been thinking a lot lately about our wedding day. I remember waking up on April 13, 1991 to a huge snowstorm. I remember driving to the temple with Dean and crying because it was snowing so hard and I wanted to have my reception outside. I remember Dean being so nervous in the Celestial room that right before the ceremony started he had to run to the bathroom. I remember after the ceremony walking out of the temple and all the snow was gone. I remember our crazy photographer who told us while he was taking our pictures that he was so nervous before he got here, that he threw up all over his arm. I remember my sweet mom taking my dress home before the reception and scrubbing the mud off the train. I remember my mom and dad getting Dean and I a carriage to take us to our hotel that night after the reception. It was a beautiful day. Since then so much has happened in our lives and I am glad that they happened with you. Here is to another eighteen years and more.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Congrats on 18. You guys look so young and now of course so mature and wise! :) We are hitting 20 in Aug-can't believe where all the time went.

Kelli Proctor said...

yea for you guys! We love you guys tons and congrats on 18 years! awesome! Thats so cool you remembered all those details about your wedding day, I think all I remember is the whole day in general, thank goodness for the wedding video! You guys are such great examples!

loven it! said...

congrats! you guys have 10 years on us! LOVE the wedding pic! you look so young and innocent! ha!