Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kids have the right idea!!!









Today I woke up grouchy, stressing over all the things I have to do: work, clean, bills, scouts, kids homework, grocery shopping, Thanksgiving, Christmas (do I need to give more). I had already arranged for a play date for Addy with one of her cute friends Adam, so I decided to just forget about it all and just enjoy the moment. I went down to the Maverick and got my big 44 oz Diet Coke. I think I should get a discount there since I am a regular and know all of them by name (ha! ha!) I met Addy and her friend at the bus stop and went to the park to play. (It was so nice today we didn't even have to wear jackets). Pretty soon we had two more friends, Britten and Sara, join us. It was so much fun. We had macarooni and cheese for lunch and graham cracker cookies with frosting for dessert. We played princesses and "fighting bad guys." They had so much fun and you know what, all the things I was stressing about earlier will still be there when I'm done playing. Thanks Addy for teaching me today to enjoy the moment. I hope I remember this lesson for a while this time.

No comments: