Monday, June 15, 2009

NOT YOUR AVERAGE SATURDAY AFTERNOON...







Saturday afternoon I was driving in to my neighborhood after a busy day of errands and shopping and discovered about five police cars and trucks at a ward member's house down the street from ours. I rolled down my window to ask a police man what was going on and he replied "they have a cougar in their window well." WHAT??? Apparently the police and wildlife services had been trying to catch it for a while and finally a dog chased it into this window well and they were able to tranquilize it. Once it was asleep they pulled it out of the window well and let people have their photo ops with it. SCARY!!! I have to admit I wouldn't go near it and it made me so nervous to let our children get near it despite their reassurances that it would be asleep for a good long time. They finally put it in the truck and took it back home. I hope it stays this time.

3 comments:

loven it! said...

oh my he is huge!! that is crazy!

jodi said...

I can't believe that I totally missed the whole thing- to top it off I had my kids outside playing while I did the dishes, they could of totally been eaten!

Gary and Debbie Rex said...

Whoa - what an amazing experience! It's so fun to see how big your kids have gotten! You guys are such a beautiful family. Thanks for the note on Facebook. I added you to my blog list, if that's ok. Let me know if you'd like me to change it!