Monday, May 18, 2009

TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE!!!

My sister Brooke calleld me last week and told me she heard that our parent's house, the house I grew up in, was for sale and had recently been sold. She had contacted the owner and asked if we could come see it before she moved away. The owner called her immediately back and said she would love it if we would come and look at it. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first but the day came and I knew I had to go. It was such a weird feeling driving there, kind of like going home again. The house was beautiful and my mom would have loved every single thing she did with it. This was my dad's work shop. He had and still does have every tool and saw you can imagine. Lots of memories were made here. She made it in to an awesome play room for her boys.
This was my mom's sewing and later scrapbooking room, her own private office.

The basement family room.

This was in the same general area as my parent's master bath but nothing like it. They removed walls, added walls, new cabinets, everything. It is beautiful.

The master bedroom.

The main bath, again nothing like it used to be.

The upstairs family room.

The dining room. My parents didn't use this as a dining room. It was part of the extended family room. This looked incredible. I loved all the windows, kind of like eating outside at every meal.
The kitchen. She redid everything. It looked incredible. My mom would have totally loved it.


The front room. We often teased my mom and dad becuase when we lived there, this room was only used for home teachers and it was not this pretty.

The backyard had stayed the same. This was the most amazing backyard and the most incredible place to play as a kid. I remember jumping on the tramp back there, playing in the sandbox, Sunday dinners on the patio in the summer, playing barbies up in the rocks and having many barbie weddings back there. Kendyl also spent a lot of time back there playing too. Dean and I only wish our backyard looked like this.
They kept this rock. My sisters and I played on this rock all day long. When we were leaving my sister Brooke commented how it looked so much smaller now but back then it was our island.
This is the front of the house. It has stayed the same. I remember sitting on that porch and talking to friends, mom and dad, sisters and also getting in trouble by my dad for pulling the leaves off the bushes that were there. My dad made me write a two page report on the importance of leaves. I never picked leaves again. I also remembering talking to my friend/boyfriend Brock out on the porch and my sister Marnie spying on me. I caught her watching me and she tried to hurry and hide and ended up chipping her two front teeth on the window tile. FUNNY, FUNNY memories.

It was such a great experience to go down memory lane. I moved to that house when I was in kindergarten and lived there until I got married. My parents would probably still be there today if my mom was still here. It was a wonderful place to grow up. As we were leaving, the owner told us she has loved living in this house and was sad to go. The only reason she was leaving was that there were not a lot of little kids in the neighborhood, in fact the primary was made up of four families. She also shared an incredible story with us. When she first moved in, her oldest boy was about two. They were sitting on the porch swing and her son pointed inside the house and said "there is the lady in white, mommy." At first she was a little bit scared as anyone would be but her son mentioned her often and said she was a very nice, pretty lady and she shouldn't be scared. She was happy. Pretty awesome!!!

No comments: