Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Jake's cute gift. He was so excited to give it to me, that he gave it to me early. I treasure these homemade gifts.
My stepmom Terry gave me a yummy candle and even better vegetable peeler. She is so awesome!!!

Addy's class made these darling recipe books. Miss Billings asked all the moms to send their child's favorite recipe to school. She then asked the child how to make their favorite recipe and combined them together in a cook book. It is so funny. Addy's favorite thing that I make is pasta salad. Addy told her teacher that you mix 100 noodles and three cups of sauce together and serve.
Kendyl got me this awesome plaque. I love it. It is so her.
The kids also gave me this cute little plaque that says "With Love Our Family Grows."

Dean surprised me this year and totally spoiled me. Kendyl had a soccer game that Saturday before Mother's Day and after that game, he sent me to the spa for a manicure/pedicure massage. It was heaven!!!!! He took me out for dinner that night, so fun to be with him. I always love to go to church on Mother's Day. Jake and Addy both sang in the program and then they had the dads get up and sing a song. The bishopric had asked a few of the youth to get up and share their testimony about their moms and they had asked Kendyl to. I didn't know. It was a total surprise. She did such a good job. The whole program made me cry.
Being a mother is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I love being a mother and wouldn't change it for anything!!!
The Friday before Mother's Day my dad called me and asked if he could come over and see me. He told me he had a surprise for me. I told Addy he was coming over and he had a Mother's Day surprise for me. Addy thought about that for a minute and then said "but you aren't his mother." So funny!!! It was so good to see him and I love the flowers. They were so beautiful!!!
I spent some time on Mother's Day thinking about my mother and what an amazing person she was. I think one of the most important things she taught me was how to love. I always knew no matter what I did and I was a stinker, that she loved me. I hope I teach my children that same thing and I hope they know how much I love them always. I love you mom. Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh you made me cry with thoughts of your mother. Your dad sure looks good.