Thursday, March 26, 2009

My SWEET DAD!

My dad and Terry host a McClure dinner every second Sunday at their house. On March 8th we headed to their house for some yummy food, conversation and fun. Little did we know what was in store. We got there and Terry told us that my dad wasn't feeling well and was sick in bed. He had left church early with stomach pains and had been in bed since. After some time Terry went to check on him and he was doing even worse. Our husbands gave him a blessing and took him to the ER. To make a LONG story shorter, he has been there ever since. He was diagnosed with pancreatitis, the exact cause of this unknown, most likely gallstones. Pancreatitis is an awful condition. It has been a long and crazy road. For a while I know we thought we might lose him, but he is a fighter. He is still in the hospital but is now doing so much better. In fact he is now eating solid food again. We still don't know when he will be released and even after his release, he will have to go back and have his gallbladder removed but for now we will take these small steps towards his full recovery. It has sure made me realize again how precious life is and to not take it for granted. My friends and neighbors have been so great, bringing in meals, watching my kids, listening to me. One of the good things to come out of this is that we got my dad to "promise" to take us all to Disneyland after this is over. The bad thing is it did happen to be while he was taking a high amount of drugs. I probably should have gotten it in writing.

No comments: