Wednesday, March 4, 2009

BLUE AND GOLD!






Last week was Jake's Blue and Gold Banquet. This is our first one and I have to admit I had no idea what to expect. It was tons of work but so worth it. I am Jake's scout leader and when I first got the call, I thought are you kidding? I grew up with no brothers and even though my dad was a big scouter, it was and still is all foreign to me but I am learning. Jake earned his wolf badge. He has the best cub master and in order to get their badge, they had to pass the final test which was drinking wolves blood. You should have seen the look on their faces. I am so proud of him. He is such a good boy and loves to go to scouts. Seeing the smile on their faces makes it all worthwhile.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Chelle...loving the yellow shirt! You look hot!

Mel said...

Didn't realize you were a cub scout leader. Been there, done that. Thought I was done when Tyler became a Boy Scout, but NO!! The Troop Committee Chairman can be a woman in scouts--didn't know that. But you will have fun. Been a Wolf Leader and a Webelos leader too. Lots of work but like you said-worth it. Life is easier now that he is an Eagle Scout though so there is an end, I promise! Like Brooke said, love the yellow shirt. I was sad when I had to give mine away. :)

Jim and Jessica said...

Hey, you look almost as cute as I do in the scout shirt! I love the wolf blood thing - I might have to suggest that in our ward.

Kelli Proctor said...

Go Michelle! Look at the way cute shirt you have on! You should wear that our our next date night for sure! Haha! Just kidding, you are so awesome and so dedicated!

Kelli Proctor said...

Go Jake too, thats awesome! K you guys drank wolves blood?! I totally remember my bros doing that at scout things and I brought it up to the presidency at a meeting one night and they looked at me like I was crazy! So I am totally not, I am totally going to tell them!